Friday 9 October 2015

"A Living and Breathing World...": Examining Participatory Practices Within Dungeons & Dragons

In July of this year I submitted my masters thesis for examination. Today I received news that it received an A grading. Besides feeling happy/relieved it now means I can make it available online. The entire thesis can now be found on the Auckland University of Technology database, for anyone interested in the research. In a nutshell the research examines the occurrence of "community" and "identity" within Dungeons & Dragons, drawing on existing academic texts, and drawing on a sample of players within the "online community". It will undoubtedly bore some of you to tears, but I imagine others may find it useful. If you would like to view/download the thesis you can obtain it...





Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment