Thursday 13 August 2015

Mini Review: 18 "Unusual Dice Set" Impact Miniatures

Unusual Dice by Impact Miniatures — Corey Ryan Walden

For a long, long, long, long time (as in a month max), I had determined to pick up a set of eclectic dice. I was considering buying the Goodman Games DCC dice, but ended up purchasing the "Unusual Dice Set" by Impact Miniatures. They were available from Amazon for $26 USD. Shipping rates were more affordable for those of us residing at the bottom of the world too. 

The included dice are d3, d4, d5, d6, d7, d8, d10, d%, d11, d12, d14, d16, d18, d20, d24, and d30. Quite the variety. They came very speedily (a week?). Impressive service.

Overall Thoughts:
I'm happy with my purchase, although straight out of the bag I did notice the d5 and d20 in particular had blurred/running ink marks on them. The quality is equitable or slightly inferior to Chessex and definitely not up to par with Game Science. I have a sneaky intuition the d5 favours the 5 a little too much, though without rigorous testing, my predilection will remain indefinitely in the realms of suspicion. In sum, it meets my needs: a big faakking range of dice.

If you need a set of "unusual" dice, go ahead and grab one. I'm looking forward to my next game just so I can have an excuse to roll something weird. I can see why everyone is making d30 tables. 

No comments:

Post a Comment